Saturday, July 2, 2011

Sally Hansen Evening Fog


(2 coats)

Holy crap, I'm upset I avoided the Sally Hansen Complete Salon polishes for so long (hate the bottles) the formula is tdf. This was so creamy and smooth; perfect in two coats.

Love this color, so few taupes look good on me. This one works because (1) it's really light (so it doesn't compete with my skin color) and (2) it leans green heavily as opposed to being more of a mushroom/brown (so it doesn't clash with my skin tone).

I liked it so much when I wore it, my brain started whispering, "back up!"

But, I'm in the middle of a stash cleanse at the moment. I have 30 untrieds and an almost full helmer. So I can't actually buy a back up, and I forced myself to go through my collection looking for near-dupes.


(2 coats)

This is Sand Tropez, obviously it's way off. Unsurprisingly, the formula was classic watery Essie.


(2 coats)

This is Skull & Glossbones. Formula-wise, this was the most comparable to Evening Fog. It was lovely and creamy. Color isn't right though, this is much more grey than Evening Fog; there's just less color in it.


(3 coats)

Playa Del Platinum is the closest color. It's just a touch less green. The formula was really watery and needed 3 coats.