Tuesday, January 18, 2011

iHaul: kinda went on a bender at Walgreens

I checked this particular Walgreens in December: nothing.

I checked it again in January: WOW!

Totally went overboard (and kept the receipt).

Let's start with what I didn't buy: the new Sally Hansen funky french duos. They just seemed like the brushes would be a pain to use... and that the bristles would get really messed up very quickly. Which is exactly what you want when you want to do a clean-looking (albeit funky) french mani. Also, I don't really like the Insta-Dri line.


But then I saw this display:
It was Buy 1, Get 1 50% off. I decided against the ones that could be easily recreated using Konad but got a few that were more Minx-like:

Cut It Out, Skinny Jeans, Booty Camp (gonna pretend like it's not called that).

Girl Flower, Kitty Kitty, Laced Up.

Had to indulge in a few other Sally Hansen polishes that I hadn't seen before (and are presumably new) or had seen on blogs but never saw in stores:

Problem Child, Sequin Scandal

Grey Area, Lacey Lilac, Mint Sorbet (though I think there's also an Insta-Dri of this name)

Then picked up some Revlons: Gold Coin, Copper Penny.

But then I got REALLY excited: the new Wet n Wild (supposedly quick-dry) polishes! They've got some severely terrible names.

9021-Orange, Party of Five Glitters (I don't think it's a good Lippmann Happy Birthday dupe at all, better to spend your money and time on Milani Gems), Gray's Anatomy (supposedly a fabulous dupe for Lippmann Wicked Game), Teal of Fortune (turned out a lot more blue in the photo but it's actually a super sparkly teal shimmer).

The Gold & the Beautiful, SaGreena the Teenage Witch (oh groan), Blue Wants to be a Millionaire (has holo glitter), Hannah Pinktana (also has holo glitter). $1.99... Wet n Wild is an amazing value for the money. It's an amazing value even for more money. I SO want to try the Color Icon eyeshadows... except I have four tons of eyeshadow. (I mean, I've got forty tons of nail polish and I'm still buying...)

And finally... not at Walgreens but I saw this at a Rite Aid and wondered if anyone had any familiarity with this brand. Looks cute!