Saturday, October 24, 2009

Brucci's "Stephanie Go Lime" and "Emmi & Olli Go Bananas"

I was sifting through my several untrieds and swatching them all along w/ some haven't-tried-in-a-whiles when I happened upon these 2 shades.

They are highly season inappropriate but I can't help but post these.

Stephanie's Go Lime

(2 coats)

Would you call this a lime? I think of this as more of a grass. It's quite bright and yellow but it has a bit of dustiness to it. The closest color I have in my collection is Misa's Green With Envy. It has a touch more yellow and is definitely less dusty than the Brucci. I'm trying to keep my polish habit under control so I really don't like to buy colors that are similar (unless they're in the purple category) so I'm mildly annoyed I have both.

Still they are different enough that I wont try and swap one away.

Emmi & Olli Go Bananas

(2 coats!)

After swatching this one, I had to make it my NOTD. It really is the perfect banana yellow. I had been wearing so many creme browns and dark purples, I was happy to have change of pace.

I love Bruccis b/c they're cheap, they're everywhere in nyc, they often have clever colors, and lots of their polishes wear really well. However, I still wasn't expecting this yellow to apply as well as it did! It was smooth, opaque, and not chalky. This was 2 careful coats. This is not the swatch photo but the NOTD photo which was taken a day or so after I had been wearing it so there is some tip wear.