Friday, October 23, 2009

$OPI's 212

I threw this swatch up on MUA and thought I would share it here.


(2 Coats + Flash - it was night time when I took this, so you don't get the ~tru~ sparkle or whatev.)

I was gonna skip by this polish until I saw Vampy do a swatch of it. She just makes things look so good.

When it arrived in the mail, I was kind of taken aback by it. I'm not sure what I was expecting but it really does look like a bunch of polish sludge. Like a franken fail where you throw all your old polished into a bottle and hope for the best.

If there was one polish it really reminded me of tho, it would be Wagon Trail. Wagon Trail on acid.

But that's not to say I don't like it. I don't really know how to feel about it.

Thoughts on this polish?

ETA: Idea from lovely commenter Jessica. Here's one coat of 212 over black. It gives it a kind of different personality. I noticed on MUA some ppl complaining that 212 just does not work/look good on them and maybe trying it over black (it's quite a warm toned polish) will help?