Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Some of yesterday's haul...

I haven't gotten around to lining up and photographing my big Revlon Street Wear bonanza (too. many. polishes!) but here's a pic of shopping_sushi_style's hands and some of the SWs we got. It looks like we're playing chess. People in the cafe we were in were giving us funny looks.


Besides SWs, I also went on a high end polish bender. Totally by accident. Sort of. I went back to Henri Bendel to exchange my KO Pool for KO Liberty... and avoided buying anything else in there. I thought these were enough:


I couldn't resist a polish called Calamine that looked so close to Calamine (and to answer a reader's question from yesterday: I don't use a Helmer but I suspect that these are too tall for them). $18 each? Ouch.


Most of the colors at Bendel's seemed pretty standard so I scooped up the three most interesting ones (IMO): Carnaby Street, St John's Wood and The Thames. $14 each, not bad, considering that's how much I had paid for them from the UK via eBay. (They also had some exorbitantly priced polishes with crystal encrusted caps.)

After my second trip to Bendel's, I ducked into Bergdorf's next door. I almost felt too lazy to go downstairs for the beauty department. And that's where I found my second big nail polish bonanza of the day: all three StrangeBeautiful volumes for 30% off. It's still $55 each (super ouch!)... maybe if you divide it by eight, it's not so bad?




They are sooo much prettier in person! I can't believe I bought all three. I just couldn't decide and I knew if I only bought one, I'd regret it. So... All three. I think the photos are in this order (I may be wrong): Volumes 3, 2, and 1.

But was I done at Bergdorf's? Nope. I saw a Paul & Joe counter... which I don't think I've ever seen in any store before. I couldn't resist picking one up. I'm a sucker for more obscure (in the US anyway) brands. It took awhile because they were out of stock of a lot of their polishes, but I eventually walked out with this: #20.


It's a greenish charcoal-like shimmer with what looks like gold microglitter... as well as a foil-y finish. Super pretty and interesting looking in the bottle. I think it was $14. Which seemed cheap at this point of my shopping day (which actually started out with old Street Wears at $1 for a random baggie of 4).

That's a scary point to be at. Probably should've gone home but... Saks was down the street. I totally expected not to come out with anything but I stopped at the Dior counter and lo... they got the Dior Spring 2010 polishes early. So I spent the most I had ever spend on a single polish: $20. With tax. (...I cannot believe how much money I dropped on freakin' nail polish on one day! I'm pretty much resolved not to spend anything else for the remainder of my trip.) Anyway, I really wanted the Dior because they wear amazingly well on me so... now I own Dior Silver Pearl. I think it will be my NYE mani.


It's a silver metallic with a very, very, very slight green undertone. I'm totally returning it if the quality isn't as great as I've had with Silver Purple and Black Sequins.