Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Illamasqua Insanity and NOTD: Nubar Earth mattified

Hello! I have been a very busy bee this week. Returning back to school is not going to be easy and I'm starting to get very scared. To help me feel as "ready" as possible, I have a much-needed haircut scheduled for Saturday and a much-needed eye doctor appointment for a few weeks from now. One of the things I am most scared of is not being "cut out for" graduate school. So many "what ifs" running through my head....what if I was out of school for so long that I'm not good at it anymore?....what if I suck at my program??.....what if I hate it??....Sigh.

Another funny thing I've been experiencing is people's reactions when they hear what graduate program I will be in. Here's an example of a recent conversation:
Person: "So what will you be studying?"
Me: "Women's and Gender Studies."
Person: [face reddens, eyes narrow in confusion] Oh. What will you do with that?

Now on to some pictures! Unfortunately, life has been hectic this week and I could not take as many pics as I wanted. Also, it has been very stormy and all my pics are from cloudy lighting.

Here is my NOTD: Nubar Earth with Nubar V for Men matte topcoat.



See how it just glows? This is 2 coats of Earth and 1 coat of V for Men. I wore Earth as "shiny" for 2 days before mattifying it, so this is day 3. As you can see, I have barely any tipwear and NO chips!! Nubars are just plain amazing.

Now on to Illamasquas...they come in pretty boxes!


Here they are all in a row. Left to Right: Baptiste, Muse, Illamasqua, Phallic. No flash.
With flash to show the base colors.
That's all for now. Thanks for looking!