Thursday, August 6, 2009

Gray and Purple

When doing a mani, I am incapable of using just one color. Unless I'm doing a nude mani (i.e. going for understated), I am a chronic skittler.

My mani today has 5 different polishes all shades of light purple (my favorite nail polish color on earth) and gray.

Thumb - Jade's Serenity

This one is my least favorite on my mani. It's quite pink and unexpectedly frosty. Also the brush was all frayed and gross. Color me displeased.
3 coats.

Index - CM's Lunar Plains

I saw this on Flinty spam post on MUA and I said, "I MUST HAVE."
Notice the subtle shimmer! Lovely.
3 coats.

Middle - OPI's Done Out in Deco

I'm strangely underwhelmed. I think it's cause I wasn't crazy about the application. It was a touch thick for my liking. It wasn't horrible, but I expect better from OPI. However, I like this color better than CG's Agent Lavender.
2 coats.

Ring - CG's Recycle

Ugh - am I the only one that is consistently pleased w/ China Glaze's application? My god.
2 coats, smooth as butter.

Pinky - Jade's Thinking of you

Another sneaky frosty. The application however is quite superior to Serenity.
3 coats.